General Practice Extraction Service (GPES)
- At risk patients data collection Version 3
- Covid-19 Planning and Research data
- CVDPREVENT Audit
- Physical Health Checks for people with Severe Mental Illness
Purpose – GP practices are required by law to provide data extraction of their patients personal confidential information for various purposes by NHS Digital. The objective of this data collection is on an ongoing basis to identify patients registered at General Practices who fit within a certain criteria, in order to monitor and either provide direct care, or prevent serious harm to those patients. Below is a list of the purposes for the data extraction, by using the link you can find out the detail behind each data extraction and how your information will be used to inform this essential work:
- At risk patients including severely clinically vulnerable
- Covid-19 Planning and Research data, to control and prevent the risk of Covid-19
- NHS England has directed NHS Digital to collect and analyse data in connection with Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Audit
- GPES Physical Health Checks for people with Severe Mental Illness (PHSMI) data collection.
Legal Basis - All GP Practices in England are legally required to share data with NHS Digital for this purpose under section 259(1)(a) and (5) of the 2012 Act
Further detailed legal basis can be found within in each link.
Any objections to this data collection should be made directly to NHS Digital. email@example.com
Processor – NHS Digital or NHS X